1. The information we collect
- We collect the following types of information from you:
- Personal Contact Information: this may include your name, email address, postal or physical address and telephone/mobile number. If you choose not to provide your contact details, we'll be unable to get in touch to provide further information about our projects, services or available properties.
- Additional Information: Sometimes we request additional information which we use to help improve the service and information we provide to you e.g. the type of residential or commercial tenancy opportunities you are interested in and the price range you are looking within.
- Aggregated Data: this is information generated by the systems that manage our websites and provide statistics on traffic to our websites (e.g. Google Analytics). It is not personalized data and is not linked to the personal contact information you provide to us via the online forms on any of our sites.
We may keep a record of data which is logged automatically by our Internet Service Provider’s (ISP) servers, and which we analyze. This includes your IP address, the URL you visited before ours, the URL you visit after leaving our site and which pages you visit on our site. We do not store or analyze this data in a way that identifies any individual.
2. When and how we collect your personal information
Via our websites
We collect your personal contact information when you complete the online registration form on our main company website (www.oceangroupasia.com) or on one of our development project entity websites, which include, but are not limited to:
As mentioned in section 1, we sometimes request additional information via our website registration forms to help tailor the information we provide to you.
Via other contact methods
We also ask for and collect your personal contact information when you:
- email or telephone us or one of our approved representatives to request further information about one of our projects (such as electronic or printed marketing material) or to make a follow-up face-to-face appointment.
- attend a show home viewing/appointment.
3. How we use the information we collect
- We use the personal contact information you have provided to:
- provide you with the information you have requested.
- send you information about other projects and property opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- obtain your feedback on our projects and/or the services we provide.
- notify you about important changes or developments to our services and/or projects.
- We use the aggregated data generated when you visit any of our websites to:
- conduct analysis on how you interact with our website.
- improve and develop our websites and services for you and future visitors to the site.
We may also use your information to let you know about other projects or offerings. This may include, but is not limited to, providing you with information relating to new property developments and properties for sale or lease. Our staff or an approved representative may contact you by email, post or telephone. We may also send you email or hardcopy newsletters containing general information regarding our projects.
4. Who we share this information with
Further, to effectively provide information and services to you we may share information with valued partners such as real estate agents or real estate companies. We provide your information on the basis that it will only be used by them for the purposes for which it was originally collected from you. These entities adhere to their own privacy policies and any concerns about their collection, use or misuse of your personal information should be directed to them.
5. Retention of Information
We retain your personal contact information indefinitely, unless you “unsubscribe” from our services or contact us by email or telephone and request us to remove it. We store your personal information on a secure electronic database. If you “unsubscribe” from our services or contact us by the means outlined above and request us to remove your details, we will permanently delete your personal information file from this system.
When you visit any of our websites (as outlined in section 2), we may store some information (known as a "cookie") on your computer. Cookies are small files that a website transfers to your hard drive to provide information such as your Internet Provider (IP) address, the operating platform you are using (e.g. Mac or Windows, desktop or mobile), the browser you are using to view the site (e.g. Chrome or Safari) and what domain you are accessing our website from.
- understand how our websites are being viewed to help us update and improve them.
- allow you to use certain parts of our websites without having to re-enter your details every time.
- remember your preferences e.g. to not display a notification message that you have closed.
7. Opting in, Opting out and Unsubscribing
You will always have the option to opt in to receive certain information/services and to opt out or unsubscribe at any time. If you wish to be added to or removed from any of our mailing lists, you may do so at any time by either amending your subscription preferences via the ‘Update your preferences’ link which features at the bottom of our e-newsletters or by emailing or writing to us at our registered office.
If you wish to unsubscribe from all our mailing lists, you may do so at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link which features at the bottom of all our e-newsletters or by email or writing to us as out registered office.
You may also contact us to ask us to update or correct your details.
9. How to contact us regarding this policy and/or the information we hold
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be updated or corrected at any time. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it updated or corrected, please contact us at:Email: [email protected]
Phone: 076 530 503-4